In early 2019, I started working on Winter Floral by Lark Rising. I worked on it off and on for a few months and completed it in May.
At the end of the pattern instructions, the artist requests that any deviations from the pattern should be noted when sharing on the internet. I’ll do my best to share what I changed.
First up, the colors. The colors called for by the pattern are gorgeous, but for Christmas 2018, I got a large pack of DMC floss with dozens of colors. I wanted to use what was in my stash rather than collect more floss. So, I selected thread from that pack that most closely matched the colors in the pattern.
Also, the pattern often calls for three threads. I honored those instructions at times but during others, I went with 2 threads because that’s I prefer how 2 looks versus 3.
Lastly, I transferred this pattern before I learned to tape things in place so they won’t slip. Due to some slippage, the pattern wasn’t traced 100% precisely.
This pattern takes awhile because of all the elements and they are all filled in. It is worth the effort because the finished product is so beautiful. I’m also happy to see how my stitching is improving over time.