For my third embroidery project I again went with a cactus motif, this time via a free pattern called Cactus in Bloom offered by DMC. I didn’t follow the color scheme exactly. I chose to use green instead of black for the actual cactus, bolder oranges for the flower and warmer browns for the stones.
This time I used satin stitch instead of laid stitch and was much more pleased with how the stitches looked. I was frustrated that the satin stitch tends to pull the fabric, creating big holes, but that’s something I would learn to deal with better over time. Also, some fabrics tend to settle after a while and the holes reduce.
But things are looking pretty good for only my third project.